About “The Forth”
Easily the best pub in The Trossachs, probably the best pub in Scotland.Carlsberg Speak!
Ok, you want to know more..
If you have a few minutes then you might enjoy reading a little further!
We gave you a bit of a favour of what the Forth is about on our home page so i’m not going to bore you with saying it again, just sayin.. 6 Bedrooms a great Bar and superb Food!
What I would add, is that we’re doing our best to maintain the standards and values thousands of you have come to know and trust over the years and my hope is to continue doing that for many years to come. We have a great team here led by Mike in the Kitchen and Lee out front, if you have been here before, no doubt you will know them.
What else do we do..
We host Weddings and any other function you care to mention.
Walking groups and others use us for “get-togethers” or just to meeting up at the end of a day out.
We work closely with ALL the activity providers, you should check out the activities you can do around here, boutique tour buses stop here on a regular basis, locals meet up in here to discuss the the events of the day, play pool, enjoy a pint (ladies like the wine), the church use us for coffee mornings and bric-a-brac sales, charities use us for raising a few quid for good causes. Businesses use us for meeting…. in-fact if I think about it we do just about everything a good pub should do ;-).
Now, despite all the above, we realise that The Forth Inn is probably not the single reason your coming to Aberfoyle.
What we have to do is let you know just why you would want to visit (maybe stay) at The Forth Inn while you are in the area so here we go..
It’s quite obvious that this area has a lot to offer Local & Visitors…
- Section 6 of the local forestry map contains walks you would do from the pub, if your ambitious, sections 2 & 3, and 1 & 5 can be linked together with little effort.
- We have over 300km’s of forest trails (thats about 290 more than the Lake District can offer!)
- we have spectacular scenery on our doorstep, in fact we are surrounded by spectacular scenery
- The Best ‘Go Ape” facility in Britain is in the village and it’s growing it’s going to be bigger & better than ever in 2017
- We are on 4 national routes!, go on then i’ll tell you, the Rob Roy way, The National (sustrans) cycle network, section 7, and the new “Mary Queen of Scots Way” we even get people doing the West Highland Way, & NOW The Great Trossachs Way… go on look it up.
- Glengoyne distillery is a stones throw away,
as are Stirling and Doune Castles,
- Scotlands only safari park is closer than the castles,
- Scotlands best fishing is in the next village, we have our own (very difficult) golf course and the Glen Eagles 3 Courses are only 45 mins away
- And if your touring, what a great place for a base, St Andrews is 2hrs, Glen Coe 2 hrs, Inverary 1.5hrs, Edinburgh is 1.5hrs, Glasgow 45 mins.
Now i’ve not mentioned Loch Katrine, Mountain Biking, Dog Walking or The Forest Drive.. get yourself out here and fill your boots… come on, what are you waiting for!.