If your searching for Tradition & Experience
The Forth Inn offers a unique blend of old and new, providing a relaxing mixture of excellent food comfortable interiors, local cask ales and fine wine, all in a stunning location.
[frame src=”http://www.forthinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Soup-choice.jpg” target=”_self” width=”150″ height=”” alt=”Soup of the Day Choices” align=”right” prettyphoto=”false”]
The Forth Inn in Aberfoyle is a country pub with 6 en-suite bedrooms oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings of The Loch Lomond & Trossachs National park provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines and whiskies gracing our bar.
[frame src=”http://www.forthinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Function-Rooms-4.jpg” target=”_self” width=”150″ height=”” alt=”Function Room at The Forth Inn” align=”left” prettyphoto=”false”]
[quote_left]We’re doing our best to maintain the standards that thousands of you have come to know and trust. When we took over this pub, many years ago, the offering was simple, it was good but it was simple and it stopped at the end of October.[/quote_left]
Thanks for getting this far.
If you have a few minutes then it might be worth your while just reading a little further!
We have been in the Food & Drink game quite a few years now, and dispite how good we are, we realise that The Forth Inn is probably not the reason your coming to Aberfoyle.
What we have to do is let you know just why you would want to visit (maybe stay) at The Forth Inn while you are in the area so here we go..
[frame src=”http://www.forthinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Sweet-dish.jpg” target=”_self” width=”140″ height=”” alt=”Sample Dessert at The Forth Inn” align=”right” prettyphoto=”false”]
[col type=”1_2″ class=””][title type=”h3″ class=”title_bg”]Without playing the guessing game[/title]
- it’s quite obvious that this area has a lot to offer Local & Visitors…have a look under the Local Information tab
- The Best ‘Go Ape” facility in Britain is in the village,
- we have spectacular scenery on our doorstep,
- Glengoyne distillery is a stones throw away,
- as are Stirling and Doune Castles,
- Scotlands only safari park is closer than the castles,
- Scotlands best fishing is in the next village, we have our own golf course and Glen Eagles 3 courses are only 45 mins away
- We have over 300km’s of forest trails (thats about 290 more than the Lake District can offer!)
- NOW 4 – We are on 4 national routes, go on then i’ll tell you, the Rob Roy way, The National (sustrans) cycle network, section 7, and the new “Mary Queen of Scots Way” (we have had people doing the West Highland Way, but they were lost or gave up at Inversnaid!) & NOW The Great Trossachs Way… go on look it up.
- Section 6 of the local forestry map contains walks you would do from the pub, if your ambitious, sections 5, 4, 8, 9 can all be linked up too
- and if your touring, what a great place for a base, St Andrews is 2hrs, Glen Coe 2 hrs, Inverary 1.5hrs, Edinburgh is 1.5hrs, Glasgow 45 mins.
Now, this is where we come in, you now need somewhere to rest your tired bones, fill your empty tummy, enjoy that pint, maybe have a bit of “craic” with a local or just savour a great whisky…well you have found us, easily the best pub in The Trossachs, probably the best pub in Scotland!.
OK, you want to know more..
[frame src=”http://www.forthinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/About-us-Tigh-mor.jpg” target=”_self” width=”310″ height=”” alt=”Tigh Mor – Holiday Property Bond” align=”left” prettyphoto=”false”]
We host Weddings and any other function you care to mention. Walking groups and others use us for “get-togethers” or just to meeting up at the end of a day out.
We work closely with ALL the activity providers, check out the activities you can do around here under the local information tab, boutique tour buses stop here on a regular basis, locals meet up in here to discuss the the events of the day, play pool, enjoy a pint (ladies like the wine), the church use us for coffee mornings and brik-a-brak sales, charities use us for raising a few quid for good causes. Businesses use us for meeting….infact if I think about it we do just about everything a good pub should do ;-).